Friday, May 15, 2009

It's a conspiracy..

I'm certain of it. Within the past 12 months we have had to replace the hot water tank, the washer and dryer, the fridge, new taps for the kitchen sink, and my huband managed to repair the dishwasher so we didn't have to replace that. And then earlier this week, my stove died. It would seem that the computer thingy that runs the oven has shorted out, and it will only, yes only, take 2 - 4 weeks to order in the specialty part from somewhere back east. And the part is at least $400 and the labour to put it in will be about $200. What is really, really making me mad is that the oven is not even 4 years old! We paid really good money for a self cleaning, glass top, convection oven and this is ridiculous! Not even 4 years out of it?? But for $775 I can get a new stove without convection. So I guess I'm getting a new stove today. Because I didn't have enough to do with getting all the laundry done before we leave for Vancouver, and cleaning my house, and taking the dog to the vet, and buying groceries, and picking up medications, now I have to clean behind my stove so the applicance delivery guy doesn't think I'm a total slob.

But I digress from my conspiracy theory. I think, no - I know that my electrical appliances talk to each other through the wiring in the house. I know they communicate and send signals to their manufacturer for direction on who should blow a fuse, burn out their sensor or outright die, and in what order. Of course they have access to my internet banking and know how far into my overdraft I am which they then correlate to how costly the repair will be. And, if I happen to be searching on-line for the price of a new storm door for example, they take this information and use it against me, by requiring my hard earned dollars to be spent on something electrical.

Laugh at me if you must, but you know I'm right. However, I am now concerned that "they" will know I am on to them because they can read this blog entry. But what else is there that can break down? Ok that was a really stupid question because they will find something...

Do you think I really need to get away this weekend?

Time for a new poll question - check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! Our toilet is being replaced - new one can't be installed until there is a new floor. The oil tank cracked and there are no replacements in town and oil has leaked into the crawl space of the house. So no heat, and below seasonal temperatures (around 1 degree C). Add to that an extremely cranky 13 year old and I know we are suffering in sympathy. Tomorow is another day!
    Janet MF

    ReplyDelete