Monday, September 14, 2009

Back on schedule...I hope!

Where did last week go to? Oh yeah, now I remember. I had the stomach flu. I never get the stomach flu, and although I felt very slim afterwards, I hope I never get it again. At least none of my kids got it. But the very worst part of having the stomach flu is right after I got it, my husband did.

I hate to stereotype, but c'mon! I still have to function when I'm sick. The kids still had to get off to the first day of school. I still had to pack their snacks and take the first day photo and all that stuff. Why is my husband unable to function at all when he's sick? How come he gets to have his own private pity party and stay in bed? And when he did get up to return work phone calls he couldn't even remember how to dial the phone to retrieve his messages! It's so not fair. Or equal. Or whatever. It just is.

And now since the kids are back to school during the day, I have moved back into my office downstairs. How did it get so messy over the summer? Who kept dumping all these things in my office? Why didn't I put it all away when I brought it in here? Oh yeah I remember now. I was much more interested in heading to the beach, or going for ice cream or some other more important thing. But the party's over. So it took me a few hours to get everything back into place and all pretty and organized. Whew! Now it's so much better.

Then I spent a few days getting organized for my road trip to Kamloops. Which of course meant organizing everything for the kids while I was gone for the weekend. Two of them had soccer on Saturday, my step-daughter was hosting my granddaughter's 4th birthday party in our yard with an Alice In Wonderland Theme, the kids really wanted to get to the Fall Fair, plus my husband was trying to get caught up on all his paperwork (no doubt he was behind from having the flu and not functioning - but I digress...)

My step-daugther Michele loves planning parties, especially for her daughter. From the decor, to the food, to the party favors and costumes. Of course she had her mom to help her, as well as all 3 of my kids and fortunately the weather held for the event of the season. Technically my granddaughter's birthday isn't until October but the weather is usually not great for an outside party. I can't wait to see the photos. Check them out on her blog at www.micheledyson.blogspot.com

So here I am, back at my laptop, with a promise to blog more often. (Unless of course I get the stomach flu again - ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment