Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My stash - I found it!


So here I am at 7:30 pm trying to finish off my stats for the last quarter when the craving sets in. And suddenly I remember! I stashed some Purdy's dark chocolate pretzels in my file cabinet so I wouldn't eat them all over Christmas.

It's not Christmas anymore. So that makes them fair game right? Right? I'll just have few and then put the rest away and go back to work.

But the incredibly decadent taste of salt, dark chocolate and pretzel all mixed together is too hard to resist. I'll just have a few more...just a few and then save the rest for later.

Ok now it's later. What?? How did I eat the whole 100 gm bag? Ok so let's read the nutrition facts shall we.

Per 6 pieces which equals 33 gm....150 calories...but there are 2, yes 2 whole gms of fibre in each of those 6 pieces. So with a little bit of math skills here that adds up to approx. 6 grams of fibre! Oh yeah, and 450 calories. How long will that take me to burn off on the treadmill tomorrow? Yup I'm thinking if I stay on the treadmill running all day tomorrow I might burn it off. But that means I would have to clear off stuff currently on the treadmill. And then it is kinda dusty and needs a good wipe down. Hmmmm would cleaning off the treadmill actually burn enough calories so I wouldn't have to run on it?? I can only dream.

Now I can't focus on updating my month end reports...I feel kind of guilty....but not that guilty. I did go skiing today, but I was working until 10 pm last night. But did the skiing today burn off the 450 calories in advance...does it work like that? And I have been diligently working since about 2:00 this afternoon except for a few hours off the clean the fridge, the water dispenser and make dinner. And of course helping my daughter come up with a science fair project, enforcing the "you must read a chapter book for 30 min. before you use the computer" rule to my son, and let's not forget the many times I had to tell my other daughter to "go get the dictionary" instead of her asking how to spell every second word in her english assignment, her saying she doesn't have one, me saying she does in fact have two of them on her bookshelf, her trying to argue with me about it, me not arguing, her finally making a dramatic display of stomping into her room to get it, then pretending she can't find any of the words in the dictionary, and then me going downstairs to work in a less distracting environment, and then me remembering about my chocolate covered pretzel stash.

Phew! I'm exhausted and feeling the sugar buzz/crash. I better go make some tea. Perhaps another trip up the stairs and back down again will burn another 3 calories.

I can only dream.

1 comment:

  1. Dianna you are too funny and you always make me laugh....creating normal in our non normal worlds..Love it!
    hugs gf!

    ReplyDelete