Monday, November 2, 2009

It's November which means....





it's crazy time! November is Adoption Awareness Month (just in case ya didn't know), so that means lots of events. And somehow, when I'm planning all these events in March, I come up with some great ideas and can't wait to put them into action.

Now here it is November, and although I'm still looking forward to the events, it's the implementation of all these events that takes so much energy. I won't bore you with all the painful details, but let's just say that in March all these things seemed like really good ideas. Except back in March I wasn't yet working in the Thompson Cariboo and now that I am, let's just add in a whole ton of events for them too!

But although I'm whining, I do thoroughly enjoy all the events when they actually happen. Honestly I do.

For example yesterday was the first of the Adoption Awareness Month events at the Pumpkin Patch at it was great! The weather co-operated and the sunshine was glorious. We had almost 140 people out to drink hot chocolate, eat the hot dogs my husband and the adoption social workers cooked, take a hay ride, try the corn maze, and use the giant pumpkin slingshot. The hay bale maze was a hit with the shorter crowd too. But the best part of all, was connecting with the families and seeing all the kids running around having a blast! It's hard to describe the feeling when I see new families meeting up with other experienced families - that's why I do what I do! It makes all the planning worthwile.

And of course, no visit to the Pumpkin Patch would be complete without my nine year old son Xavier, and Ola's 11 year old son Amani, taking turns standing in front of the pumpkin slingshot target to see if they could hit each other with gourds, pumpkins, corn cobs, etc. And I can't remember, was that before or after they were trying to shoot each other out of the slingshot? It's all a blur.

We were Tom & Colleen's final group for the pumpkin season and they were such great hosts. Tom patiently gave hay ride after hay ride to anyone who was interested and maintained a sense of humor throughout the afternoon. A huge thank you to their family for keeping their farm open just for our group.

And another huge huge thank you to everyone who helped out with the day. It was so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment