Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween after effects...

It's not a pretty sight. The mini chocolate bar wrappers that pile up on my coffee table late at night. Who ate all those? Oh. Yeah. It was me. But they're just little ones...they don't really count as calories, fat grams, carbs, etc. Do they?

Every year it's the same thing. I promise myself I won't eat any of them, then my son offers me the caramilk minis...they're my favorite. But I also like the Aeros because they melt so nicely in my mouth. And well, the Kit Kats are nice too. Especially if they're fresh. Peanut Butter cups are good too, but sometimes they get crushed and I like them better in one piece.

But I must pay the piper again today. Yesterday it was a cardio core workout with Lisa. It's as if she has a nanny-cam and saw the pile of wrappers. She worked us so hard, my quads and butt are killing me today.

In a few minutes I must leave to meet a friend to power walk up Giant's Head mountain. It's my pennance for chocolate. I'm almost at the point where I'll throw out all the candy. Almost. Apparently I like to torture myself with seeing how little will power I actually don't have. It's a sickness.

Fortunately it only happens once a year. Ok, well then there's Easter and Valentines Day too. But that will be next year. And surely by then, I'll have this chocolate addiction under control. Won't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment