Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day two of captivity...

Day one wasn't so bad....my son laid on the couch, dozing, sneezing, snorting, etc. I didn't have any plans that would take me out of the house that day, so I just worked from home and did my usual thing.

Now it is day two. The lump on the couch is still there. Snorting, dozing, etc. I was given a brief reprieve this afternoon by my husband so I could go see my daughter's exhibit at the middle school science fair. He had to rush back to work (or did he???), so I was once again held hostage by a lump on the couch. Wouldn't you know it...this afternoon was warm, sunny and begging me to go outside for a walk. But could I? Oh no.

Day three is not looking good. He was supposed to go skiing with his class tomorrow but there's no way, even if he's feeling better, that he'll have enough energy for that. I was planning on going skiing tomorrow too, but noooooo, not now.

I am so done with being Florence Nightingale. I never get to lay on the couch for 3 days watching TV and dozing. And if I am sentenced to another day of being sequestered with the lump, who knows what I'll be forced to do. I may resort to watching old episodes of "Murder She Wrote", and "Law and Order" - including the original, Special Victims and Criminal Intent.

It's not that I don't have work to do - I do - but it's the fact that I can't leave the house that makes me want to leave the house.

The only saving grace is that my son has moved beyond watching Treehouse TV when he's sick. I couldn't take any talking animals at this point.

So if you need any free legal advice, feel free to ask me. By the end of tomorrow I will have watched every detective show.

Sorry I must stop blogging now - it's time for Judge Judy.

No comments:

Post a Comment